Friday, June 7, 2013

The Hefty Hideaway

Photo



archeolatry: I almost hate to say that Hairspray is one of my...



archeolatry:

I almost hate to say that Hairspray is one of my favorite John Waters movies, especially having seen all his 70s works like Pink Flamingos, Female Trouble, etc.

A movie—set in the 60s and a soundtrack of rarely-used songs of the era—where a fat young girl who's happy with who she is ends up becoming popular and in love because of it. Wotta concept. (Wouldn't appeal to me at all, right?)

Tracy Turnblad—- always and forever.

SITTING HERE WITH BATED BREATH TILL I FIND OUT WHEN ALYSSA...



SITTING HERE WITH BATED BREATH TILL I FIND OUT WHEN ALYSSA EDWARDS WILL BE HERE. This is the REAL secret she was keeping, eh?

@katieaaberg #porkmagazine is right: I AM THE BUTTON QUEEN! Yinz...



@katieaaberg #porkmagazine is right: I AM THE BUTTON QUEEN! Yinz make it hard not to want to buy them all up. I bought even more but they are presents—-shhhhh! :o)

ameliabutter: xrayeyeballs: Blacksnake giving David Cross a...



ameliabutter:

xrayeyeballs:

Blacksnake giving David Cross a tarot reading #kingkhan #davidcross #tarot (at Passenger Bar)

I chickened out that one time in a hotel room a few years ago when Arish offered to read my cards. I thought he was lying and I thought it would be a bad idea, some sort of mystical joke gone wrong. JOKES ON MEEEEE. shoulda woulda coulda.

GOOD LORD!

Photo



letsdanceon: big-eyed hallway <3 WHOA.











letsdanceon:

big-eyed hallway <3

WHOA.

letsdanceon: call me crazy, but…i was listening to my girl...



letsdanceon:

call me crazy, but…i was listening to my girl group box set (which rules by the way, i'll post a picture later) and this song came on. i kinda loved it, so i went back to the track listing to see who it was and it BLEW MY MIND that it was dolly! i had no idea she did stuff that wasn't totally country-sounding. YEE HAW.

THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE DOLLY SONGS. I had the same reaction when I first heard it! Sooooooo good.

Rockpile- Teacher, Teacher That movie looked horrible, but it...



Rockpile- Teacher, Teacher

That movie looked horrible, but it apparently opened with this song. At least it had that going for it…

The Motors- Dancing The Night Away So. Good.



The Motors- Dancing The Night Away

So. Good.

kingburnout: electric-witch: porkmagazine: caseywisenbaker: A...



kingburnout:

electric-witch:

porkmagazine:

caseywisenbaker:

AMAZING. stolen from www.blairports.tumblr.com

THESE CHICKS IS FUCKIN' SEXUAL POTATO SALAD YOGIS. SOLD. HIRED. WHATEVER.

everything got crazy

omg did it ever

My back just started bawling like a baby watching this.

Photo



Photo



Dan is dreamy.









Dan is dreamy.

magicbuffet: midcenturymodernfreak: A lot of people seem to...

















magicbuffet:

midcenturymodernfreak:

A lot of people seem to like retro kitschy homes, so here's another beauty from the songwriter who penned shitty hits like "September," "Boogie Wonderland," "Neutron Dance," Theme from "Friends," and many more!

Grammy & Emmy-winning Songwriter Allee Willis's 1937 Streamline Moderne Stucco Home | Architect: William Kesling | Los Angeles, CA

Architects Richard Neutra & Rudolph Schindler had contempt for William Kesling's less-than-rigorous adherence to Bauhaus principles.

Via

i get a massive ladyboner when i see really nice floors

Photo



porkmagazine: NOBUNNY | Portrait | Szenestreifen  I got this...



porkmagazine:

NOBUNNY | Portrait | Szenestreifen 

I got this too late to go into PORK 11, but here it is for you, to get into the mood of PORK 11 & our interview with Dr. Demento! Here it is. NOBUNNY on DR. DEMENTO.

I absolutely adore Dr. Demento. A childhood favorite of mine for sure. I used to listen to his radio show on my first Walkman radio. My brother & I had a Dr Demento MTV special on VHS that we taped off TV and watched over and over as kids. I thought BAD NEWS was a real band and knew their version of Bohemian Rhapsody before I knew the Queen version thanks to Dr D. -NOBUNNY

Someone liked this picture recently from when I visited Los...



Someone liked this picture recently from when I visited Los Angeles in November 2011. It is so weird to see myself with my natural hair color. And I miss that eye ball ring. It is weird, so similar yet so different. 

Photo



Photo



No comments:

Post a Comment